Friday 21 October 2016

Pretty Poinsettia

Morning Inky Pinkies how are we all? It's definitely getting chillier isn't it? I'm well on target to complete my Christmas cards this year which is very good for me, I can tell you!

Today I thought I'd share a 5" x 5" tent fold card I made using Stamp Soup Festive Christmas
I'm quite please with how the poinsettia turned out as I think with the shading it looks quite dimensional even though it is completely flat. I just built it up one stamped petal at a time and masking off where I needed to and coloured it in with my Graph'it Markers (5210, 5215, 5220) and added a little bit of Lyra Pencil enhancement (92, 93)

The background was achieved with one sheet of backing paper. The base layer was built up using various stamps randomly over stamping and the torn piece was edged with distress ink and the greetung was heat embossed with a gold embossing powder. A little bit of bakers twine wound around and some seed beads to the centre of the flower et Voila!

Thanks so much for stopping by I do love to read all of your comments.

Challenges Entered:




1 comment: